Rationale for Teaching
Sustenance is a deep and meaningful concept with tangible and intangible qualities. People rarely discuss the subject in depth because it can be an unsettling psychological issue. However, within the context of a learning environment the subject can be broached in an accessible way. Learners will be able to create artwork centered on the theme of sustenance and what gives fulfillment. The unit plans will be split into different topics pertaining to sustenance: survival, food, nature, relationships, and the mind. These are all things, which bring fulfillment and sustenance. They differ in how we interact with them, whether it’s mentally or physically, intangible or tangible. The unit plans will aim to break down the theme and create connections to the learner’s world.
- Fulfillment does not necessarily come from material items but through fulfilling relationships with food, nature or people
- Art is a creative outlet to help people find self fulfillment and to share this feeling with the audience
- Survival depends upon the essentials food shelter and water
- What would life be like without a relationship with food nature or pe
- What fulfills you?
- What do we need to survive?